Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal Michigan residents who are between the ages of 13 and 18 and must be enrolled in a public or private high school at the time of entry and who have not previously been a Round Table Finalist. Entrants must have lawful access to the method(s) of entry set forth in these rules.
2. Employees of New World Communication of Detroit, Inc., owner of television station WJBK and the Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers (collectively, “Sponsor”), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Only one entry per e-mail address per hour. The contest begins when posted on February 21, 2013, and all entries must be received by 10:00 p.m. local time on March 17, 2013.
4. To enter, visit www.MyFOXDetroit.com for the “Win a Seat at the Round Table” giveaway entry form and follow all instructions to complete the online entry.
5. On or about March 18, 2013, FOX 2 will select three finalists at random and contact them via e-mail. All three finalists will be required to come to FOX 2 by 7:00 p.m. on March 23, 2013, to participate in a five minute round table taped sports discussion on a designated topic. If a finalist is a minor, then the finalist’s parent or guardian must provide written consent to finalist’s participation in the discussion and the remainder of the contest. If a finalist does not confirm his or her participation in the round table (including written permission from a parent or guardian if applicable) within 48 hours of notification, Sponsor may select an alternate finalist by random drawing if, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion, time permits. All discussions must conform to Sponsor’s then-current standards and practices and policies as established or determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, discussions may not contain profanity or references to violence, or demean any gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any finalist, reshoot the discussion, or revise the contest if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that any material violates its standards and practices. A panel of three judges will evaluate each finalist based upon the following criteria: sports knowledge, articulation and persuasiveness, and award each finalist a score of up to 10 points in each category (for a possible total of 30 points per judge, for a total possible of 90 points per finalist). Then, on or about March 27, 2013, FOX 2 will post the eligible Round Table discussions on www.MyFOXDetroit.com and invite viewers to vote for their favorite finalist. The voting will begin when posted, and will continue through 11:59 p.m. on May 5, 2013, in accordance with voting rules announced at the time votes are solicited. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the contest, or, at its option, to select the winner by alternate means if, in Sponsor’s discretion, the voting becomes technically or otherwise corrupted. The voting results will be converted as follows: the finalist with the most votes will be awarded 30 points; the finalist with the second most votes will be awarded 28 points; and the finalist with the third most votes will be awarded 25 points. The judges’ combined score for each finalist will then be added to the internet voting score. The finalist with the most total points will be the winner.
6. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other contest information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the contest or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of WJBK’s giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
7. The winner will receive (i) an opportunity to participate in an on-air broadcast of the Round Table segment of FOX 2 SportsWorks on a date to be determined by the station, and (ii) 8, 2013 Cedar Point Tickets. The approximate retail value of the prize package is $400.
8. The winner will be notified by e-mail on or about May 6, 2013. The winner will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion within 3 days of the date of notification or he or she will be disqualified. If a prize is won by an eligible minor, then the winner’s parent or guardian must also sign the minor’s Certification of Eligibility and Release before the winner receives his or her prize. If a winner cannot be reached, or if a winner does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize within the designated time period, no prize will be awarded.
9. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner. The winner cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
10. The winner is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
11. Individuals are not eligible to win this giveaway if they have won any other prize in another WJBK giveaway in the past 30 days. Individuals who have ever won a past WJBK-FOX 2 Round Table contest are not eligible to win or be finalists. Winner must claim the prize by June 1, 2013.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
12. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
13. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
14. These contest rules are available at www.MyFOXDetroit.com, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WJBK-FOX 2, 16550 W. 9 Mile, Southfield, MI 48075 through May 5, 2013.
15. For the name of the prize winner send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after May 6, 2013, to: Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers Win A Seat at the Round Table Winner, P.O. Box 2000 Southfield, MI 48037-2000, or visit the Contest Page on MyFOXDetroit.com.
16. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant’s identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.